Saturday, July 30, 2011

10 lbs of crap, 5 lb bag...

Ok, just for updates, I got shrinked.  He immediately changed my meds saying that the other Dr didn't do anything wrong, but what I was on was definitely not what he would have started me on.  So now I'm titrating up on the new stuff and titrating down on the old stuff.  Let me explain why this is so weird.  I was only on 5mgs of the old stuff...  That's half of the smallest pill they make.  And he had me cut down to a quarter of a pill, of the smallest pill they make.  Okey-dokey.  I was soooo thrilled to hear that coming down off the old stuff could be sooo icky that I need to do it that slowly.  -.-  Yet another win for the theory of general practitioners.  He also prescribed a sleeping pill instead of the valium that my good old GP put me on.  Turns out one of the side effects of the old stuff was not sleeping.  Why did I go to the Dr in the first place?  I WASN'T SLEEPING.

Really glad I got shrinked, because I do feel better on the new meds, and unlike my GP, I feel perfectly comfortable calling this Dr and telling him that I'm still waking up through the sleeping pill.  Which I am.  Gotta love the medication merry-go-round.

OH btw, the new stuff?  Yeah..  It's sort of removed what little brain-to-mouth filter I had.  Fair warning people...

2 comments: