Friday, October 28, 2011

Grief

I know she's a dog  I know she is not even my dog.  But when you groom a dog once a month for 11 years you get emotionally invested in their health and well being.  She was a mischevious, stubborn, affectionate, independant little shit who kept me on my toes for 11 years.  She had a great life and I am going to miss her terribly.  Sparky had a stroke yesterday and her owner showed up for her appointment last night with only 2 dogs, not 3.  She's 14 years old.  Go peacefully my friend.  You deserve it.

6 comments:

  1. Awww...It's easy to get attached. Especially after so many years. Not that losing them doesn't suck no matter how they go, but I have lost dogs to many things and old age is definitely not the worst way to go.

    I hope tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lil. Definately not the worst, no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how attached one can get. My 18 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier was put down recently and I was, and still am, heartbroken.

    Old age is the best reason for her departure though.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    Regards,

    DY x

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs His beloved, then and now*

    ReplyDelete