Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Picking my own brain is sort of the point of this. I write better than I talk and I often need to 'talk out' what my brain is doing because its a contrary beast and doesn't always play nice with my conscious mind. This last weekend was a good example. With the move M and I hadn't had a chance to really connect in quite a while. So I specifically asked for him to take charge all weekend and to play HARD with me all weekend. He started just wonderfully but then Sat morning rolled around and nada... So by the time we got to the play party that evening I had a good head of resentment built up. Well let's think about this for a minute. Sat morning I was back in mission mode because there is so much to do from the move yet, so which signal is he supposed to follow? Again with the brain not playing nice because to be honest I never even saw the mixed signal. What I wanted was that control that he's so wonderful at. I wanted him to kick me out of mission mode but that wasn't what I told him was it...
Communication is a skill that I seriously need to improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment