Tuesday, February 7, 2012

yeah, yeah...

So I was inspired today by 'nilla.  She's a bit pissed off at the world at the moment and I told her it was going around like the flu.  As M and I were wandering through the stores on Saturday I noticed that there was a huge sale on yarn and commented that I don't have time for my needle work anymore.  He said that he noticed I was reading more.  I am, and I know why.  For me reading has always been an escape.  What do I need to escape?  My job.  I hate it, I hate talking to strangers every day.  I hate that it brings out my long overcome stutter.  I hate that I have to do business casual every day.  I hate that I have to deal with the other bitchy lady who does sales in this area.  I'm hiding.  I'm not dealing, I'm not talking, I'm hiding.  My house is filthy (picked up, but...).  My baking has gone neglected, my dogs are filthy and need a haircut.  I seriously need to get over it because I get that actually liking your job is a luxury and one that I can't afford.  I like the pay, I can do it and am fairly good at it.  I love taking care of my house and baking and sewing.  There is more to my life than my job and I need to reconnect, refocus, and get the fuck over it already.  So last night I made a double batch of oatmeal scotchies, and that's what we had for supper :)

3 comments:

  1. I had a piece of the lasagna.

    It was okay.

    Then I had cookies and ice cream :-)

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See the trouble with having things foisted onto us is that they always need an adjustment period... so we can come to terms with it. That is always the first step in making it our own choice in some ways. You will get there... it just won't be pretty... well it never is around here at any rate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever said change is good needs to be shot. Repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete