Tuesday, December 6, 2011

But I LIKED my job

No I didn't get fired. All this damn character building is knotting up my innards something fierce though.  Apparently the position of Auditor has been downsized so yesterday I was given a choice (after going through all the motions that the company goes through before they fire someone) between a severance package, and a position as a Direct Sales Rep.  Remember this?  Yeah....  Some of my favorite things about being an auditor are

1.  I have my own company truck and no one looking over my shoulder except for the rare occasions that C does a safety check.
2.  The scenery changes.
3.  My boss is 100 miles away
4.  I don't have to talk to customers

Direct Sales Reps :

1.  Drive their own vehicles and pay for most of their own gas.
2.  Work their selected county and only their selected county.
3.  Report to their boss weekly
4.  Talk to customers all day long.

Lemonade anyone?  I STILL HAVE A JOB.  I'll do what I have to do to make this work.

5 comments:

  1. Talking to people sucks...but hey, baby, fake it long enough, and it stops being fake. So Master tells me.

    i'm still waiting for that to happen.....

    Cheers!

    :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you had to switch positions like that. But as you said, at least you still have a job. That would have scared the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @pepper - how's that work again? Lol

    @kitten- scared the bejeebers out of me. Am still scared...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a major fail coping with my role being made redundant and changing roles. You'll do better though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shit! Just after you got things back to the way you liked them :(

    ReplyDelete