Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Making lemonade..

Had my first meeting with my new boss today.  One of the first things she plonked down in front of me was my new pay scale.  When I was offered the position, I was told that my salary (yes salary, not hourly) would be minimum wage plus commission.  That's about the same as unemployment would pay me ($7.50 per hour), plus I would still HAVE A JOB.  So while I was telling the witchlets that we'd have to tighten our belts and conniving and discussing and worrying with M about how we were going to pay the bills and still be able to eat, I seemed to have forgotten that I can sell sand to the Arabs if I want.  The first bit of training (think 4 weeks here) you are paid full commission rate, or the amount of commissions they expect you to maintain.  The projected income for the position, if you make your numbers, is $55,000 per year.  Yeah...  THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THAT.  My first two paychecks as a DSR will have take home pay THREE TIMES what I normally bring home...


WIN!

5 comments: