Friday, March 2, 2012

Remember this?  Well I went to the ortho guy today (same one that sewed up M's fingers when he ran them through the table saw) because even with the little support thing they gave me, it's getting worse.  We're talking like the lump in my calf is the size of a tennis ball and I can't walk more than 2 blocks worse.

:(

He put me in one of these


Apparently I have a partial tear of the Achilles tendon.  Now how the hell am I supposed to walk around all day, knocking on people's doors in this?  M is already starting the "Put It Back On" mantra.  Maybe if I just wear it at home, I can get away with not wearing it to work?

You're laughing at me again aren't you

   gives them a squinty look...

7 comments:

  1. RoboVixen... just in case you were looking to change your name again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a torn Achilles tendon doesn't keep you from walking around all day, that can't slow you down! In fact, it appears that you now have robot parts with which to beat people!!! How cool is that.

    Seriously though, ouch. Hope the boot helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps, which is the only damn reason I'm wearing it

      Delete
  3. Imagine yourself as an Empire Storm Trooper...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it come with the face mask that goes ffffffffffffffffffff..."Luke...fffffffffffff...I .........ffffffffffffffff....am your.......ffffffffffffffff....father" ??

    *giggle*

    (you better wear your boot, missy...a torn Achilles tendon is not to be messed with...)

    Love,

    nilla

    ReplyDelete