Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming..

Day 4:  Someone you have to forgive for something

Ya know, I'm betting you think I should put my mom here...  But I'm not quite there yet, so I'll put X.  I need to forgive him for being an insufferable twit as well as being totally narcissistic.  He really can't help it considering the way his mother did and still does treat him.  Do I think he could do better?  Yep, I do.  Was I part of his problem?  You bet.  I enabled the shit outta the guy then belittled and demeaned him when he continued the behavior.  Doesn't make me a very nice person does it?  I do forgive him though because of one simple fact.  He is trying.  He is trying to be a good Dad.  He is trying to be a good partner.  That cuts him HUGE amounts of slack in my book.  I forgive him for not trying while we were in the relationship because frankly even if he had tried, it wouldn't have been "enough" for me.  I just wasn't happy in the relationship so there was no way anything he did would have pleased me.  He's easy enough to forgive.

I just don't think I'm up to forgiving the hard ones like my Mom yet, but I'll get there.

9 comments:

  1. Forgiveness is difficult, lady. Commendable, and i congratulate you for being able to do it.

    i hold grudges...not pretty, right? but the condiment never forgets. i suppose i should grow up someday, huh?

    When Master says i have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right?

    Honey, women that say they don't hold grudges? LIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. All women hold a grudge at some point.....agreed! LOL

    Well done you on the forgiveness front, I am going to try and forgive my colleagues for making my life Hell for the last 3 weeks (you have inspired me to do so!)

    DYx

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here i thought i was a bad person for not being able to forgive everybody! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *bursts out laughing* oh honey, welcome to grudges-r-us lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know this is going to sound terribly INTJ but... People are arseholes, some are bigger than others. Why do we have to forgive them for being what they are? How does that even work? More to the mark why should it work?
    You look at them, acknowledge what they are and move on... as fast as possible before they can contaminate/ infect you further :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I agree, except it's hard to "move on" when he's the father of my kids. Other than that small detail I agree wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can still move on emotionally if not physically. You have already done so with him... otherwise you wouldn't be able to assess him within the confines of his limitations. But as one said INTJ... we are a cold, clinical people :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. *snickers*

    Nah, I get way too much enjoyment out of torturing my friends for me to be intj

    ReplyDelete